Who can enroll for the TISS-SVE courses ?
A student who has completed her/his 12th Standard (Intermediate) from a recognized board in India (ICSE/CBSE/State Boards) can enroll for the B.Voc.(Graphics & Multimedia ) program
A student who has completed her/his 12th Standard (Intermediate) from a recognized board in India (ICSE/CBSE/State Boards) can enroll for the Skill enhancement programs.
How does a TISS-SVE course benefit me ?
The TISS-SVE courses will help students in following ways-
- Ability to build a highly rewarding career in Media & Entertainment industry
- Course delivery by faculty members endorsed by TISS-COE, who come with vast industry exposure
- Award of Degree/Diploma/Certificate by TISS, Mumbai, India’s leading Deemed University Since 1964.
- High Quality Course Material developed by Whistling Woods and approved by TISS-COE.
- Placement assistance to students
- Ability to earn while learning in case of B.Voc (Graphics & Multimedia) course
What are the chances of placement for students of TISS-SVE courses?
Students who successfully complete TISS-SVE courses will be eligible for Placement assistance from Indore Hub Centre. Placement Opportunities exists with Animation Studios, Production Houses, Ad Agencies, TV Channels, Gaming Co’s, Web Design Co’s, Architectural Walk through, Design Organizations, Print-Publishing-Imaging-Packaging Segment, E-Learing & Content development Co’s.
Who approves the Faculty Members?
Centre of Excellence (COE) at TISS-SVE approves all the faculty members.
Where can students get additional info about TISS-SVE courses ?
Students can meet the counselors in the designated TISS-SVE Hub Partner premises for the additional details about course structure, course fee, duration, exit options & for response to any other queries they may have.
What are the exit options in 3 Year B.Voc course conducted by TISS?
Course is divided in three stand alone levels, First year (Diploma), Second year (Advanced Diploma) and Third year (B.Voc Degree)
What is the Method of Training/ On the Job Training ?
One/Two day theory classes conducted by TISS (training partner) at the Hub Partner location
Four/Five day on-the-job training with the company (Skill Knowledge provider)
How do I enroll for the TISS-SVE courses ?
Students need to fill in the application form along with the photograph
and pay the requisite fee for the course enrolling at the Hub Partner premises.
Student will also be required to submit the original Certificate of their
12th Standard along with their Marks Sheet & Transfer Certificate (TC) to TISS-SVE.
How does the student pay the fees ?
All the fee will be paid to the direct credit of Tata Institute of Social
Sciences by the way of Cheque/NEFT/Demand Draft/Designated Bank Account payable to TISS.
The Examination Fee will also be directly payable to TISS.
What does the fees cover ?
The tuition fee covers the following-
- Cost of Classroom Training
- Work Books supplied by TISS, Mumbai
- Additional Learning support from Hub Partner-Horizon Infotek
When are the fees to be paid ?
The Semester wise fees are paid at least one week prior to the commencement of the Semester
The Examination fees are paid at least one week prior to the commencement of the Examination
Who shall award the Certificates/Diploma/Degree ?
All Certificates/Diploma/Advanced Diploma and Degree are awarded by Tata Institute of Social Sciences in the capacity of Government of India funded Deemed University and based on the approval received from the All India Council of Technical Education(AICTE) and the MOU signed by TISS-SVE with Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
How do I know that the Hub Centre in my city is a partner of TISS-SVE ?
Details of all the Vertical Covered by TISS-SVE, Centre of Excellence (COE), Vertical Anchors(VA), Hub Partners, Skill Knowledge Partners (SKP’s)including
their locations, courses offered are available on the website http://www.sve.tiss.edu
Student can also call TISS-SVE at any of these numbers- +91-22-2552 5601/02/04/07/08
What types of course are offered?
The approach constitutes programmes that are
- B Voc Programmes: These are 3 year full time programmes that work integrated in nature.
They are as per the UGC Norms and are aligned to NSQF Level 5, 6 and 7.
- Certificate and Diploma Programmes: These are programmes that are as per the university
credit system of 20-39 credits and 40 and above credits respectively.
- Skill Enhancement Programmes: These are short term programmes that do not fall under either category.
All courses in category B and C will place as much emphasis on the Work integrated training as possible.
What are the verticals/ courses offered/ proposed?
- In the 1st Phase, our Verticals include: Automotive; Travel and Tourism; Retail Management; Media and Entertainment; Construction; HR and Sales; Pharmaceuticals; Healthcare; Dialysis Technology; Industrial Tool Manufacturing; Industrial Safety; Logistics; Agriculture; Hospitality; ITES; Telecom.
- Courses offered will cover specialised skills that each of these sectors demand.
- TISS-SVE offers vast bouquet of courses in courses in various verticals (stream). The current list of courses are available on sve.tiss.edu . Courses will be revised and new courses will be added on an ongoing basis. New verticals will continue to be added regularly.
Who are the types of students who can apply?
- Any person who has aptitude to learn a specific skill.
- Any person presently employed and having work experience but no academic qualification.
- 10th Pass or 12th Pass as the course may demand.
- A dropout from school subject to the approval of experts.
- A person who likes to do things by hand and learn.
- A person who possesses skill but is unable to progress in career on the account of
unavailability of ‘necessary’ formal training and certification.
- Anyone who wishes to develop job-specific skill sets and obtain commensurate certification from a widely reputed academic institution.
It is to be noted, however, that the eligibility criterion is course specific.
What is the minimum qualification to appear for the B. Voc. courses?
At present TISS-SVE intends to address student who have passed 12th or equivalent in the
relevant stream, as may be applicable to each of such programmes.
What can students do after completion of these courses?
- A certificate issued by TISS and recognised by AICTE along with
skill (experience) certificate from the Skill Knowledge Partner will aid the students
in finding a suitable job opportunity more effortlessly.
- Hub (learning centre) will provide placement assistance to the trainees
who have successfully completed the levels.
- Students who wish to study in general education system can cross-transfer
from vocational stream to the academic streams to pursue degree and diploma
courses as per NSQF (applicable only for AICTE approved course).
- In the case of skill enhancement certification programmes, Certification
is exclusively by TISS-SVE. Placement assistance may not be possible in such cases.
How is TISS-SVE B.Voc model different from current education system?
- The main difference is that this education system does not
emphasize on the theory alone but is primarily based on the shop floor practices of the industry/company.
- Vocational education which focuses on a specific skill rather than general skill knowledge.
- Students will be given on-the-job training for four to five days and one or two day classroom theory
in a week. Therefore, students begin their career trajectory while pursuing their study in vocational streams.
- At the end of the course students will be awarded a UGC recognized TISS issued B Voc Degree. Unlike
many mainstream courses, SVE-TISS courses mandate skill certificate from the industry where the students has undergone on-the-job training.
- TISS-SVE vocational courses will seek to have as minimal eligibility criterion as possible. This is to enable education to reach out to as many students as possible. Thereby, it endeavors to design and make programmes as inclusive as possible and on a continuous basis.
- The main advantage of the TISS-SVE programme is the provision of multiple entry and exit system . Although, it is a full time degree programme, the students can exit after completing a level and begin working as a skilled professional in the chosen skill. Later, they can rejoin for progression to the next level. TISS-SVE will award level certificate on successful completion of each level.
- Students will get hands-on experience from the industry, through the Skill Knowledge Partner, during the
training period, thereby, giving them a much needed edge when they compete for jobs.